We understand that having a Board with a diverse array of education, work/life experience, skills, talents, and interests can be extremely beneficial to the growth of BEECH CREEK GARDENS. We encourage anyone that may be interested in joining the Board to let us know.
Unless otherwise agreed, the Board meets on the 4th Monday of every month, with the exception of November and December. The meetings are scheduled from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
The November meeting is usually a week earlier because of the Thanksgiving holiday. And December is reserved for the annual Board Planning and Review session.
Information and the minutes from the prior meeting are emailed to Board members for review prior to each scheduled meeting. Depending on the topics needed to be covered and the amount of discussion, some meetings may occasionally run longer. However, we strive to keep the meetings to the schedule. Special meetings may be requested when special opportunities or circumstances come up.
If you think you may be interested in becoming a Board Member, we suggest that you:
- Visit Us, if you already haven’t. That way you can see what we’re all about.
- Talk to an existing Board Member. They can give you an overview of that it’s like to be on the Board.
- Request to sit in and observe a Board meeting, or several.
- Let us know why you would like to join, and any special skills or experience that you can contribute.
- Tell us if you have a specific interest that you would like to work on as a Board member, such as grant writing, fund raising, public relations, etc.
- Review the BEECH CREEK Board Member Agreement